I spent this past weekend at Creative South. It was awesome talking about art & design all weekend with other people that are passionate about our visual world. These are the 5 things that most stand out from the talks.
1. Dig the Ditch: Do the hard work, it might not be glamourous, but it is productive to not have your field flood.
2. Help your friends: Do NOT allow your mama's pie shop to have an ugly logo, fix that before you do anything else!
3. Prioritize: If you do not have enough time stop watching tv, or playing video games, whatever is taking you away from your work.
4. Value Custom: Anyone can use that font, but not everyone can design that "e" the way you can. Value this & charge accordingly.
5. Do the Work: Be professional, meet your deadlines, care about details. You are your brand.
If you are interested in licensing or commission work please contact me.