Permanent Sap Green?
Maybe it is the post-Olympic visual processor that lead me to paint the flag or maybe it is the current news about the Ukraine, the first foreign country I visited, and it's dilemma with Crimea, Russia, Tartars, and the EU, which naturally leads me down the rabbit hole of nationality, place & belonging. Yes, as an artist my calling is to bring beauty, but it can also be to ask questions. So with my flag painting I ask you to consider your nationality & what it means to you. I also include John Green giving an overview about the problems in the Ukraine. Happy Thursday Y'all!
Confront & Hope
Freedom & Justice
Working on my banner skills & thinking about recent events in America that have made me really consider how our freedoms sometimes impede justice and what should be done about that? Would I be okay with less freedom if it meant more justice? I think so.
Banners & Wreaths
Today, in South Carolina, we have a special congressional run-off election. Mark Sanford & Elizabeth Colbert Busch are the candidates. All of the polls are predicting a down to the wire race, a race in which every vote really & truly will be crucial in determining the outcome. So please go to your local polling station today and VOTE!
I spent this past weekend at Creative South. It was awesome talking about art & design all weekend with other people that are passionate about our visual world. These are the 5 things that most stand out from the talks.
1. Dig the Ditch: Do the hard work, it might not be glamourous, but it is productive to not have your field flood.
2. Help your friends: Do NOT allow your mama's pie shop to have an ugly logo, fix that before you do anything else!
3. Prioritize: If you do not have enough time stop watching tv, or playing video games, whatever is taking you away from your work.
4. Value Custom: Anyone can use that font, but not everyone can design that "e" the way you can. Value this & charge accordingly.
5. Do the Work: Be professional, meet your deadlines, care about details. You are your brand.
After a promo like that I want to see the exhibit!
If you are interested in licensing or commission work please contact me.