I do a fair amount of road trips by myself. These are some things that I have found useful even when not traveling solo.
1. Stop every two hours and get out of the car.
2. Keep plenty of snacks and a variety of beverages close at hand. I like coca-cola, water, and gatorade... Oh and if you don't have anything in the car that appeals to your taste buds you are allowed to buy things at the gas station, like giant 3 musketeers, slurpees, corn nuts etc.
3. Mentos are the perfect road trip mint. You can only chew so much gum before your jaw hurts. Mentos give that refreshing mint sensation without the boringness of a mint... and they also come in the fun pomme vert flavor!
4. Make your playlist beforehand. You should not have to fiddle with your mp3 player while driving... Better yet make a cd... Then if you don't like the song all you have to do is hit one button on your dash that your hand can find without you even looking... Sing out loud!
5. Stop at the state welcome centers. Find the Room Savers flyer. You will save big money on hotels! More than you do with AAA.
6. Use the time to think. Talk to yourself.
7. Enjoy the freedom that driving 75 mph provides.
If you are interested in licensing or commission work please contact me.