The experiment with layers continues. I used the Princeton Neptune dagger brush for the image on the left and the Princeton Neptune oval wash brush for the image below to lay down the white gouache first. For the image on the left I laid down a very wet saturated wash of Winsor red & then mopped up a lot of it, while adding color back in with my brush. For the painting below I added a moderately wet wash of Winsor red & then salted the image strategically. I am intrigued with both of these results. The varying textures evoked by each, the nuance that shows in different lighting, how you can almost see the patterns & then they stop. Definitely things I want to keep playing with. Happy Thursday Y'all!
If you are interested in licensing or commission work please contact me.