I love staying with friends & last week I got to stay with a lot of them because of the wedding. You often learn new things about them & see the way they choose to do daily tasks. Chances are you also get to cook together. Now I have been firmly rooted in a sous chef mentality for quite some time, due to the fact that handling raw meat skeeves me out & I love chopping vegetables. But when my friend Sara, who works for this great organization, introduced me to crust-less quiche one morning at breakfast I thought I could handle it. She makes hers with Bisquick, but since I am now in the camp of gluten is chronic poison, I make mine with Bob's Red Mill Biscuit & Baking Flour.
This is a modified cooks.com Bisquick Quiche recipe, based on Sara's insights:
1-2 C. filling (broccoli, bacon, mushroom, etc.)
1 C. grated cheese
4 larger green onions chopped & sauteed
2 C. whole milk
1 C. biscuit flour
salt & pepper to taste
Sliced cheese for the top
1. Heat oven to 400degrees.
2. Grease 10" pie plate or 8"square.
3. Sprinkle fillings, sauteed green onions & grated cheese in baking dish.
4. Whisk milk, flour, eggs, salt & pepper until smooth & foamy. Pour over step 3 ingredients.
5. Place sliced cheese gently on top.
6. Bake 30 minutes or until cheese is golden brown.
7. Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Now that you have this crustless quiche in your arsenal, I recommend brunch with friends. Happy Tuesday Y'all!
If you are interested in licensing or commission work please contact me.