1. I had become a slave to the deadline. It didn't matter if my work was not up to my standards. If It was Thursday a new painting had to be posted, even if it was a slapdash effort. Sometimes I rationalized this by claiming it as part of the process, but I knew that was just not true at least half of the time.
2. I am a private person. Most bloggers share the intricacies of their lives. I am not the kind of person that does this. Yes I will share process, materials, & scenes from nature, but I will not be telling you about anything else (relationships, what I had for dinner, a current moral quandary). And this stifles the blogging relationship. Blogs have that very personal element that I would share if we are in a face to face relationship, but I am not going to share across the internet in that way.
3. I love the #PaletteProject. Collecting & curating other painters palettes has been one of my joys in this past year. I love seeing the process & diversity of responses. I am thinking about ways to expand this project & welcome input. Many more #PaletteProject posts to come.
4. The blog will continue. There will be blog posts, however they will not hold to the previous 5 day a week schedule. In fact, there will be no set schedule. I will share when I have work of value & not when I feel I must.
5. Thank you! To those of you that have liked & commented, encouraged & critiqued.