Today, in South Carolina, we have a special congressional run-off election. Mark Sanford & Elizabeth Colbert Busch are the candidates. All of the polls are predicting a down to the wire race, a race in which every vote really & truly will be crucial in determining the outcome. So please go to your local polling station today and VOTE!
I spent this past weekend at Creative South. It was awesome talking about art & design all weekend with other people that are passionate about our visual world. These are the 5 things that most stand out from the talks.
1. Dig the Ditch: Do the hard work, it might not be glamourous, but it is productive to not have your field flood.
2. Help your friends: Do NOT allow your mama's pie shop to have an ugly logo, fix that before you do anything else!
3. Prioritize: If you do not have enough time stop watching tv, or playing video games, whatever is taking you away from your work.
4. Value Custom: Anyone can use that font, but not everyone can design that "e" the way you can. Value this & charge accordingly.
5. Do the Work: Be professional, meet your deadlines, care about details. You are your brand.
I do a fair amount of road trips by myself. These are some things that I have found useful even when not traveling solo.
1. Stop every two hours and get out of the car.
2. Keep plenty of snacks and a variety of beverages close at hand. I like coca-cola, water, and gatorade... Oh and if you don't have anything in the car that appeals to your taste buds you are allowed to buy things at the gas station, like giant 3 musketeers, slurpees, corn nuts etc.
3. Mentos are the perfect road trip mint. You can only chew so much gum before your jaw hurts. Mentos give that refreshing mint sensation without the boringness of a mint... and they also come in the fun pomme vert flavor!
4. Make your playlist beforehand. You should not have to fiddle with your mp3 player while driving... Better yet make a cd... Then if you don't like the song all you have to do is hit one button on your dash that your hand can find without you even looking... Sing out loud!
5. Stop at the state welcome centers. Find the Room Savers flyer. You will save big money on hotels! More than you do with AAA.
6. Use the time to think. Talk to yourself.
7. Enjoy the freedom that driving 75 mph provides.
Set oven to 425F
small can of tom. sauce
one clove of garlic
assemble pizzas with tortilla, mixture of olive oil garlic & sauce, fresh mozz
make sure oven is throughly pre-heated
8 minutes in the oven
top with fresh basil & parm
perfect thin crust pizza
I am working on something with my time sheets... but it will not be finished until December... maybe not even then... can we say tedious work... but it will be worth it